What is the Difference between Brick to Brick Window Installation and Retrofit?
Like every other home owner, the most common question that you are asked when you look for new windows is whether you are choose to go for brick-to-brick window installation or retrofit. In this article, you are going to learn about the difference between these two types of installation options along with the pros and cons of each. Professional windows and doors Toronto installation is just as important as the kind of windows that you will be choosing for the house.
Retrofit Window Installation
To retrofit a window, you will have to install or fix it into an existing structure. The interior jams and the casing trims are left like the interior of the window is replaced with the energy efficient windows and doors Toronto. This means that the new window sash is going to be installed in the previous window frames. Some of the notable advantages are,
- A retrofit window installation will help to preserve the historical character of the old home.
- With retrofit installation, you can keep your existing curtains and draperies.
- A retrofit windows installation will be more cost efficient in comparison to the brick-to brick window installation.
Retrofit Window Installation Pros
- Reliable upgrade and low maintenance
- Feasible and quick renovation for your windows and doors Toronto if you are on a tight schedule.
- Low cost along with energy efficient windows that will help to retain heat during the cold months.
Cons of Retrofit Window Installation
- The rotting wood behind the frame is going to remain unknown which will keep the insulation gaps untouched.
- Retrofitting isn’t possible on vinyl windows.
- In majority of the cases, the area of the glass is pretty similar as the sash that is installed with the previous frame give out less natural light.
Brick-to-Brick Window Installation
Unlike the retrofit method, this installation process for windows and doors Toronto is pretty complex. For this, you will have to remove the existing window frames, the brick mold, the casing, and the trim. Any deteriorating wood will be completely cleaned out with the removal of the window frame. Some of the benefits of this window installation processes are,
- Brick to brick window installation is going to offer your house a new look.
- It allows for foam insulation around the frame during this type of window installation.
- Brick to brick window installation will be able to match up to match up to your exterior features like siding, brick, etc.
Brick-to-Brick Window Installation Pros
- Brand new windows and doors frames will give a refreshed look to the exterior and interior portion of the house.
- Guaranteed tight insulation seal making for energy efficiency performance.
- Large windows will give more natural light to your house.
A brick to windows and doors Toronto will give a fresh start to an important feature of the house. A brand new window with a new frame will allow for foam insulation. A rotting or old insulation is cleaned prior to the frame being installed.
Both retrofitting and brick to brick window installation has its own advantages and disadvantages. Each of this type of installation is going to appeal to the homeowner. However, you have to make sure that you choose a good window installation service to install the windows in the right manner.